Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Haruhi
Otaku King
Otaku King
Haruhi

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Doode..what happened to the PS section? Sure it's old but it's still cool .... .__. they developed most of the games for the PS (Final Fantasy ones) up to 9 for it. My favorite all time game I have to say is Final Fantasy VII (7) because I think that Final Fantasy VII has the best Final Fantasy story lines. If you ask me, I hate the new ones after 9, they're very..uninteresting. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you played the game and your thoughts about it.
Back to top Go down
ohio-99
Great Otaku
Great Otaku
ohio-99

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 11:07 pm

Aside from having the lamest main character ever, and the lamest last boss ever.
Final Fantasy 7's plot wasn't bad... but it left something to be desired.
I do like how it was more character based than other games... but the characters who got the most attention were bland and boring.
Cloud starts off with so much potential to be a cool hero, I mean he is a mercenary (more or less) hired by a resistance group (Avalanche) and it doesn't go anywhere from there but down hill. In the end the plot just muddles with his past and makes crap so confusing no two people interpret him the same way.

Spehiroth was just a waist of a character; his past, who he is, his reasons for doing things... it's all ether too confusing to understand, or gets interpreted differently from player to player.
He too had potential but it went nowhere. He was a great warrior gone rouge. Apparently driven by the thought of being the son of an Alien God but even that's never fully explained.

Even so, FF7 had interesting character designs which I liked alot:
To this day Cloud is the only male character who looked cool in purple.
For the limitations of the PS1 the WEAPONS really grabbed my attention and looked good.

Honestly after the movie, Advent Children. FF7 became lost almost completely to me.
I'm not sure why black is considered cool, or why they felt the need to change everyone's colors and designs so much I frankly liked Tifa's White top, black bottoms color scheme... And fine call me a pervert but I thought the short skirt, tight shirt, suspenders and large breasts suited her.

Well irregardless, FF7's fanbase is rather split into two sides; those that love it, and those that hate it.
Making it difficult for people like me who want to stay in between those two sides.

I have a copy of FF12 but haven't bothered to open it. I played a demo of it and I wasn't impressed with the new battle system at all.
Final Fantasy X wasn't bad, decent plot, decent characters, but it felt like something was missing from both.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Otaku King
Otaku King
Hero

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 11:07 am

FINAL FANTASY IS AWESOME.

# 7 FOR PS AND DIRGE OF CEREBRUS IS PRETTY COOL TOO.
CLOUD PWNS!
Back to top Go down
Haruhi
Otaku King
Otaku King
Haruhi

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 3:37 pm

yes Cloud DOES pwn!

Ohio, he wasn't a bad main character. The results for FF7 is much higher than the other FF games. I'd like to play all of them EXCEPT the ones after 9. >> I could spit on those ones I hate them that much.

Asides from that, I really loved FF7 'cause I thought it had a great storyline and I think that's what attracted most of the fans otherwise it wouldn't be this popular.
Back to top Go down
ohio-99
Great Otaku
Great Otaku
ohio-99

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 9:08 pm

Meh. I don't see how everyone thinks Cloud is that great of a character, he doesn't really fight for anything.
He has no goals.
And half the time even the player/viewer isn't sure of his past chances are he isn't ether.

He had potential I'll admit that, design wise he's not too bad. (Again, Cloud + Purple = Strangely cool and fitting.)

FF7's plot isn't horrible, but left something to be desired. I suppose if the fleshed out the characters a little more (Gave them clear goals, pasts, and what not) it would be more satisfying.

Also FF7 is popular still for a few more reasons than just plot:
First off, it was the first 3D Final Fantasy.
Second off, it was the first Final Fantasy on the Playstation, after Square's breakaway from Nintendo.
Third, because of the aforementioned points, before it's release it received praise.
Fourth, it had did something new with the RPG battle system. That was original (IE. The removal of Jobs and the addition of Meteria)
Fifth, it was the longest Final Fantasy game, that included (at the time) beautiful full motion video cut scenes.
And yes Sixth; it had a new plot that was deep (to the point of confusing) and original.
FF7 became insanely popular for one more reason, it was well advertised, well reviewed, and was often called ahead of it's time. Thus established a large fanbase which has grown, and then split into the two sides (Love, and Hate.)

Heh, there are actually alot of FF7 'fans' who have never played the game, having only watched video's on Youtube and gazed at Cloud X Sephiroth doujins.

So have you even tried FFX? it wasn't too bad (FFX-2 was pretty bad though, avoid that.)
Alot of Final Fantasy fans (who aren't mindless Cloud and Sephiroth fans) actually think that 9 is one of, if not the best Final Fantasy. I haven't played much of it but it's pretty damn fun from what I did play.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Otaku King
Otaku King
Hero

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 10:17 am

Final Fantasy Leon
Leon's cool too....
Kingdom Hearts was a good spot for him!
Back to top Go down
Haruhi
Otaku King
Otaku King
Haruhi

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 1:55 pm

Quote :
Heh, there are actually alot of FF7 'fans' who have never played the game, having only watched video's on Youtube and gazed at Cloud X Sephiroth doujins.

My god! THAT YOU ARE SOOO RIGHT ABOUT! I fricken hate fangirls like that! They're all like, "Oh my god! I love Cloud! I love Sephiroth! I love YAOI! Let's go get some doujins FAG girls!" =/ my god. Sorry I hate to rant about that, but it really did piss me off.

First of all, know stuff about Cloud and the characters then do the claims please .__. and PLEASE TT.TT stop with the horrible yaoi

FFX? Well...I saw my brother play it, but like I said, I'm not a huge fan about new FFs after 9 I have a tendancy to hate them .__.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Otaku King
Otaku King
Hero

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 6:40 am

Yeah i've been thinking about FFs games...I liked it when i was younger though....weird.

GO CLOUD!! YAH!!

aww man i miss being young...
Back to top Go down
Haruhi
Otaku King
Otaku King
Haruhi

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 4:19 pm

lol! You're still young! But I'm saying I hate all the games after 9 because they just seem so...uninteresting
Back to top Go down
Hero
Otaku King
Otaku King
Hero

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 3:37 pm

Awwwwww....alrighty....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Empty